Old Marylebone Town Hall Wedding Photography
Old Marylebone Town Hall Wedding Photography was not what Hannah and Charlie had originally planned, but then 2020 and 2021 saw a lot of us having to adjust our plans, didn’t they! Marylebone Town Hall though is a stunning grade II listed building that over the decades has become an iconic wedding destination in the heart of London, popular with celebrities and rock stars to tie the knot in style.
The Edwardian Graeco-Roman style building by Sir Edwin Cooper was commissioned to replace the old courthouse at the south end of Marylebone Lane which dated back in part to the 18th century. Well know personalities to get married at Old Marylebone Town Hall over the years include Sir Paul McCartney to Linda Eastman in March 1969, and Liam Gallagher to Patsy Kensit in April 1997.
Photographing an intimate wedding ceremony at Old Marylebone Town Hall
The couple first got in touch with me in the summer of 2019 with exciting plans to get married in New York. Hotels and flights were booked, and then re-booked when the pandemic hit, before eventually switching plans to Old Marylebone Town Hall in London. The silver lining to this long rollercoaster ride of postponements was that when the wedding day finally arrived, for their private ceremony at Marylebone Town Hall, I felt that I’d really got to know the couple and built up a level of trust between us.
The Marriage Ceremony
The wedding ceremony itself, in the Mayfair Room at Old Marylebone Town Hall was the first one of the day to be held at the register office in Westminster. With some Covid restrictions still in place, my Old Marylebone Town Hall wedding photography was always going to be limited for time, but working discreetly, I was able to capture lots of special moments that I’m grateful to be able to share here. We were also able to use the classical architecture of The Old Marylebone Town Hall for some wedding portraits both indoors and on the steps outside.
A Wedding of Two Halves
My documentary approach to wedding photography means that I’m always drawn to what is unique and special about a wedding day, and with the ceremony at Old Marylebone Town Hall taking place in the morning, the wedding party then went for a private lunch, before we then met up again to get ready for the evening reception. It turned out to be one of the hottest days of the summer which meant a little game of football in the back garden, and a chance to freshen up before a second ceremony in front of their loyal supporters!
The Wedding Reception
The evening reception began with a beautiful ceremony in which Hannah & Charlie were able to exchange personal vows, and their wider circle of family and friends were able to bear witness to the marriage. It was a great way to kick off the evening reception that included a magician doing close up magic ticks and The Function Band, quite possibly the best wedding band I’ve witness, who provided the musical entertainment into the early hours.
Why I Love Old Marylebone Town Hall Wedding Photography
- Couples love the idea that so many famous faces over the years have got married and had their at Old Marylebone Town Hall Wedding Photography at this iconic location, and for a short while on their special day couples are able to walk in the footsteps of celebrity couples, as they themselves are the centre of attention for the day.
- The central London location of The Old Marylebone Town Hall means that planning the rest of your wedding day at and number of amazing wedding reception venues in London are a short cab ride away, not to mention world class hotels to indulge in on your wedding night.
- For those couples requiring the privacy of an intimate wedding ceremony, the staff at Marylebone Town Hall are friendly and discreet.
- The classical architectural details of Marylebone Town Hall mean that there are a number of location to make some beautiful wedding portraits, even if time is tight, and for couples with a little more time, there are some lovely streets near the Town Hall with a quintessentially London vibe to them.
- A choice of seven rooms at Marylebone Town Hall, each with their own distinct character, makes Old Marylebone Town Hall Wedding Photography a joy, and gives couples the opportunity to choose a room to suite their style and accommodate their guests in style.
Every moment of a beautiful day captured – Great work!