Millbridge Court Wedding Photography
Millbridge Court wedding photography for this amazing couple, was everything I’d hoped it would be! After a turbulent couple of years it’s so nice to get back to photographing weddings the way they’re meant to be! Add to that, that we’ve been having a scorching summer here in the UK with record temperatures (ok, so I realise that’s not entirely a good thing) but in the short term at least, the sunshine on a couples’ big day is the icing on the wedding cake, if you pardon the pun, and it does make photographing a wedding at a venue such as Millbridge Court so much more enjoyable.
Photographing a beautiful summer wedding at Millbridge Court
For a long time, I’ve wanted to photograph a wedding at Millbridge Court in Farnham. It’s a gem of a Surrey wedding venue, that not only caters for large weddings but is also so incredibly photogenic, whilst at the same time being so wonderfully practical, and adaptable. Whether guest numbers are large or small, the time of year, or how as couple you choose to use the numerous spaces that Millbridge has to offer, this Surrey wedding venue can accommodate you.
Having visited a few weeks previously, with Evelyn and Ben to run though the day, and do an engagements shoot (photos from which formed, what can only be described as a small pop-up exhibition on the wedding day!) I was very familiar with how to get the best from the venue as a photographer at Millbridge Court. Photographers are divided on whether a planning visit to the wedding venue is necessary, but it’s a part of my service that I’m very proud of. I want my couples to put their trust in me, and also have the opportunity to divulge those little details about their day that will make it unique.
Three dress changes, hip flasks for all the groomsmen with their caricatures on, Ben’s white suite, hand-fasting and a tea ceremony, a grandmother’s speech, singing the intro to their own first dance, not forgetting the previously mentioned exhibition of their engagement photos, and this really was a wedding to remember, with so much personality and joy at every stage of the day that when Evelyn and Ben asked me to stay on for an extra hour, I was only too happy to oblige.
If you’ve already booked your spot at Millbridge Court, or you’ve simply stumbled upon this blog post while you look for your perfect wedding venue (can I just say that in Millbridge Court, I think you may have found what your’e looking for!) then I’d love to hear from you and for you to consider me for your Millbridge Court wedding photography. I’d love to photograph an outdoor wedding ceremony at Millbridge Court (something I thing will become increasingly popular in the UK with the almost inevitable changes in the law that are coming) and I’d love to photograph an Autumn wedding at Millbridge Court.
5 reasons why I Love Millbridge Court Wedding Photography
- The best thing for me about photographing weddings at Millbridge Court is that the couple are both able to get ready on-site but without seeing one another before the ceremony. This is great for my style of wedding photography because I’m able to tell more of the story and be wherever the action is. Typically the bride and her party are able to get ready in the spacious loft area, which even has a little porthole that overlooks the ceremony space, while the groom is able to use the chalet style space adjacent to the main house.
- What I also love about Millbridge Court wedding photography is the variety. This beautiful wedding venue has the capacity to hold outdoor wedding ceremonies underneath the stunning oak Arbour in the garden, or indoors in the light-filled hall with it’s floor-to-ceiling windows and wooden beams. This kind of versatility make it a great venue no matter what time of year you’re getting married.
- I can’t go any further with out mentioning the wonderful catering at Millbridge Court weddings. The wedding food is provided by their in-house caterers Kalm Kitchens, who have found the magic blend that I think every wedding needs between delicious food and friendly and efficient service. And what is more their food is so visually appealing that it’s also great to photograph!
- My style of wedding photography means that I don’t want to drag the couple away from their friends and family for very long to do their wedding day portraits. In fact my couples often tell me that they were at a friends wedding where this happened, and they are keen to avoid the same of their big day. That’s why Millbridge Court is so great for wedding photography. It’s easy to get around the grounds of the venue, without having to walk too far, and there are is a nice range of locations that can be used at different parts of the day for your wedding portraits.
- Lastly, and a little selfishly, I love the location of Millbridge Court. It’s situated just outside the beautiful town of Farnham (I should know, I spent three years at the art college in the town) and now that I live in Guildford it’s just a twenty minute drive door to door.
Venue: Millbridge Court
Ceremony: Stephanie Forster
Hair: Jessica Marvin
Florist: Camilla’s Creations
Stationary: Lou Paper
Caterers: Kalm Kitchen
Read recent articles
Summer at Loseley
Nancarrow Farm Wedding Photography
Can You Get Married At Home In The UK?