Sussex Documentary Wedding Photographer
I’m not only a Sussex documentary wedding photographer, but from my home in Surrey, I love to travel to East and West Sussex to photograph weddings in this beautiful part of the country. My documentary style of wedding photography means that I enjoy capturing every possible moment of the wedding day without bossing people around and making myself the centre of attention. Your wedding day shouldn’t become a photo shoot, but should be a day to enjoy, so that the pictures you get back from me are a true reflection of how you felt and how you loved on that most pivotal moment in your lives together.
Working as a Documentary Wedding Photographer in Sussex
If you’ve begun planning your wedding, then no doubt you’ve already seen a lot of different photography styles, so what makes a Sussex documentary wedding photographer different from all the rest? Well, true documentary photography I believe, is about more than simply turning up on the day and capturing what happens in front of the camera. Below, I’ve tried to go into some detail about the process of capturing a wedding day in a documentary style.
Preparing for the Wedding
In preparing for the wedding day, one of the most important things is that the couple I’m photographing have the orotundity to get to know me a little bit (after all, who wants a complete stranger rocking up to their wedding?) but also, and perhaps more importantly, I get the opportunity to understand the kind of wedding day you’re wanting to create. By chatting via FaceTime or Zoom for example and meeting up at your venue, you have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and I can hopefully put any fears you may have to rest, so that everyone is more relaxed when the big day comes around.
On the Day of the Marriage
Now that we’ve all got to know each other a little, on the big day itself, my aim is to be a friendly and reassuring presence at your wedding, but to allow things to happen naturally, and to stay one step ahead of the action, in order to capture the kind of authentic images that you see below. I love capturing as much of the day as possible so if that means an early start and a late finish, then I’ll be there!
The Wedding Photos
The work of a Sussex documentary wedding photographer doesn’t end with the first dance or the trowing of the bouquet though! I’ll individually process every photo and deliver them to you in a very nifty online gallery. I also love designing wedding albums. The album is such beautiful way to display documentary wedding photography because it tells the story of the day in such a wonderful way. I offer a range of albums to choose from.
Loving Life As A Sussex Documentary Wedding Photographer
- I enjoy documenting weddings all over the South East and even abroad, but what makes so many Sussex weddings unique is the individual spin that couples so often put on their wedding, together with the abundance of space and the stunning landscape of this part of the country.
- Light plays such an important part in photography, and the long summer days that are synonymous with a wedding in the hight of the english summer, means that as a Sussex documentary wedding photographer I’m able to shoot long into the evening as you and your guest continue to make the most of the great outdoors well into the evening of you wedding.
- There’s also a wonderful selection of wedding venues in Sussex for you to choose from. Venues such as Farbridge and Upwaltham Barns offer oodles of space and a black canvas for you to style your wedding your way, and venues such as Castle Goring and the Brighton Pavilion offer that real wow factor that comes with the tradition of a more established venue.
- You will also have assess to so many other wonderful wedding suppliers that can help make your day a reality. From the more obvious dressmakers and caterers and florists that will no doubt understand right away the the mood of the day your aiming for, and will be able to do things in keeping with the season of your wedding, to the companies that are able to supply garden games, build a tipi in your garden or give you a fireworks display to round off the day. You’ll be spoil for choice!
- If the documentary approach to photography is one that you want to embrace, then I’d love to find time to chat, and find out more about your plans, and hopefully be a part of your day and help capture those moments that will define your day and become great memories in years to come. Give me a shout, and I’ll check my availability, and we can go from there!
If you’re getting married at any of the fantastic wedding venues in Sussex (or your back garden!) then I’d love to be your Sussex documentary wedding photographer. Fill in the form below and you’ll automatically receive an e-mail with details on pricing and packages.