Wedding Venues & Photographers Near Me
If you’re looking for wedding venues and photographers near me, then you’ve come to the right place! I’m a Surrey wedding photographer but I shoot all over the South East including London and Hampshire, and I even photograph internationally. On this page of my website I’ve picked out some of my very favourite wedding venues near me, and if you scroll to the bottom of the page you’ll see that I’ve made a list of tips and advice to help you choose the right wedding venue.
A Few Helpful Tips When Choosing Your Wedding Venue
- Why should you look for wedding venues & photographers near me? Weddings are intensely personal and celebratory events, and while it might sound romantic to get married on a beach in Bali (random example, I know) choosing a venue in a part of the country that you’re familiar with, or even where you grew up, will mean that you’ll be able to visit after the wedding and it will hold more meaning for you.
- By choosing a wedding venue that is in your local area, it’s more likely that close family and friends that you grew up with will be able to attend your wedding.
- Keeping it local will also help with the planning of your wedding as you’ll be able to visit the venue more often and make the most of other local suppliers such as florists and photographers that are recommended by the venue. As a photographer I’m fortunate to be recommended by a number of Surrey and Hampshire wedding venue near me, including Pembroke Lodge, Gate Street Barn, Thames Rowing Club, The Bombay Sapphire Distillery and Cain Manor.
- Helping to support local business. The wedding industry is made up of many small businesses and local entrepreneurs. From the growers of locally produced food and drink, to the dress maker who is able to make a last minute alteration to your dress! Keeping it local is becoming more and more popular as couples increasingly take into consideration the environmental impact of their wedding.
- Hiring a local photographer such as myself is also a wise move. Of course, like many photographers, I enjoy travelling further afield, but the safety of knowing that your photographer doesn’t have far to travel, not only helps control costs, but will give you the reassurance that comes from knowing that they don’t have far to travel and that they are familiar with the venue.