Chiswick House Wedding Photography
My Chiswick House Wedding Photography for this fantastic couple was hands down one of my favourite memories of last year’s wedding season! Surrounded by all their friends and family for the entire day, it really was one of the most amazing opportunities for photography, not to mention a simply stunning day at this West London venue. Chiswick House is among the most glorious examples of 18th-century British architecture. The third Earl of Burlington, who designed this noble Roman-style Palladian villa, drew inspiration from his Grand Tours of Italy, and the gardens are said to be the birthplace of the English Landscape Movement.
Photographing a beautiful summer wedding at Chiswick House
Having already attended Chiswick House for a rehearsal with the couple, I knew that the conservatory was going to play a central role as the location for the ceremony, and so that is where my Chiswick House wedding photography began! Before heading over to the groom, and then the bride, I wanted to capture some of the behind the scenes preparation (see the opening image above) of the stunning flower arch that was being constructed around the entrance to the ceremony space.
The Morning of the Wedding
Things had been carefully coordinated prior to the wedding to help reduce everyones’ stress levels, and so I was able to park at Chiswick House and take a short walk to where the groom and friends were gathering for drinks and nibbles, and a bit of last minute rehearsal of the speeches. It’s a part of the day that I love to juxtapose with the bride to tell both sides of the story. From there I was able to catch a cab to the bride, and would then travel with the bride and her father back to Chiswick House for the ceremony.
The Marriage Ceremony
The ceremony itself was so much fun. In our very first conversations we had talked about the long walk up to the conservatory, and I’m so glad that I was able to capture that special moment between father and daughter as they approached the waiting guests. The ceremony was conducted by a family friend and there was plenty of laughter, singing and two beautiful readings. The conservatory at Chiswick House worked at a perfect ceremony space and was flooded with the most wonderful natural light.
The Wedding Reception
We were blessed with perfect weather all day long and so the drinks reception was able to take place on the raised lawns and Italian Gardens that surround the glasshouse from where, after the obligatory family photos and portraits, we headed over to the Burlington Pavilion where the assembled guests welcomed the couple into the reception and where everyone partied late into the night!
Why I Love Chiswick House Wedding Photography
- London Weddings always have a special buzz about them, but one of the things that sets Chiswick House apart from other venues is the open space and landscaped gardens. It really is an oasis within the hustle and bustle of the city. The gardens are great for portraits and it’s a place you’ll no doubt want to visit time and time again to relive the memories of your wedding day.
- Light is critical to any photography, and as I hope my Chiswick House wedding photography here shows, the conservatory at Chiswick House makes for a truly unique ceremony space. Flooded with natural light, and with the added protection if the weather does happen to take a turn for the worst, the glasshouse is the Ideal location for a humanist ceremony for lovers of light and nature.
- One of the things I really love about Chiswick House is the choice of spaces, each with their own unique character. There’s the conservatory and the secluded Italian Gardens, that are perfect for a summer wedding ceremony, or the indoor space of Chiswick House itself, with it’s neo-Palladian design and outdoor terrace to enjoy drinks and canapés. Then there’s the Burlington Pavilion able to seat up to 220, ideal for a big party! There are also iconic London venues such as Old Marylebone Town Hall where you may consider holding a smaller legal ceremony, before a larger celebration at Chiswick House
- A fantastic team of wedding coordinators, and suppliers including bands, catering and florists. Being in the heart of London means that couples are able to draw on such amazing suppliers to help turn their dream wedding into a reality! My Chiswick House wedding photography is made all the more enjoyable having a such well run and stylish venue to work with.
- A good party, with all your closest friends and family, is the best way to round off any wedding, and I hope you’ll agree, my Chiswick House Wedding Photography above ends with a great party thanks to an amazing live band. The Burlington Pavilion at Chiswick House is a perfect party venue, with the space for a band to set up without disrupting your wedding breakfast, plus the outdoor space for guests to chill out and watch the sun go down.
Read recent articles
DIY English Garden Wedding
London Black Tie Wedding
Old Marylebone Town Hall Wedding Photography