Barnett Hill Wedding Photography
Barnett Hill wedding photography is always such a joy, and to date I’ve photographed a number of different weddings at this stunning wedding venue just outside my home town of Guildford. In recent years I’ve seen renovations done at Barnett Hill to take it from a beautiful wedding venue, into one of Surrey’s most premium locations to get married. Tucked away in the Surrey Hills, Barnett Hill is a bustling hotel, but also has the privacy and intimacy that you would expect from a high class wedding venue.
Barnett Hill Wedding Photography
I’m happy to travel across the UK, or even abroad to capture your wedding. In my career I’ve been fortunate to photographed at pretty much every wedding venue in Surrey, and each year will travel into London for a few weddings. I’ve even been flown out to Italy to shoot weddings, but Barnett Hill wedding photography just a few minutes from home is also a lot of fun, and stress free in terms of travel, which is a constant worry for most wedding photographers.
In my down time, when I’m in-between photographing weddings, I love to cycle in the Surrey Hills, and Barnett Hill is on one of my favourite routes. It’s such a scenic area and for your wedding guests who may be travelling from further afield, Barnett Hill and the surrounding area is a great introduction to this tranquil part of the country.
Barnett Hill History
What’s so great about Barnett Hill wedding photography is having such a stunning wedding venue with such a rich history as a backdrop to your photos. At the heart of the venue is the original Barnett Hill Victorian mansion that underwent a multi-million-pound renovation a few years ago. The gardens are surrounded by redwood pines and rhododendrons. Barnett Hill is a short walk or cycle ride to Blackheath Common, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Surrey.
Barnett Hill is a Grade II Queen Anne-style estate built by the grandson of Thomas Cook (yes, that Thomas Cook!) Now part of the Alexander Hotels chain that includes other beautiful venues like Great Fosters, the hotel now has chandeliers, wallpaper with hand-painted white tulips; and design chairs of the crushed-velvet-wrapped variety. Take a walk around the gardens and spot architectural details in the walls, which feature mouldings of carnations and roses crowned with green copper domes, and beautiful ornate ponds, and fountains.
Reasons to hold your wedding at Barnett Hill near Guildford
When I speak to couples about their wedding photography ahead of their wedding, one of the things I’m often told is a story about how they were at a friends wedding recently, and the newly married couple were taken away from the wedding by their photographer, for what seemed like hours of portraits! That’s certainly not my style, and as part of your Barnett Hill wedding photography there are so many beautiful spots for your portraits and family group photos that you certainly won’t miss out on the party.
A Beautiful Wedding Venue throughout the seasons!
Barnett Hill also gets a big tick from me for having so many options, both indoors and outdoors. I know that at Barnett Hill they allow for outdoor wedding ceremonies on the lawn, and my Barnett Hill wedding photography has included ceremonies in two of their beautiful wood panelled rooms indoors. Barnett Hill is also a great venue for your wedding reception, if you’re getting married in a church nearby.
There are a multitude of rooms to prep for the wedding and enough space for family and friends who may be travelling a long distance, to stay onsite and enjoy the amenities that Barnett Hill has to offer, and even take a few days either side of your wedding to explore the historic town of Guildford.
Why I Love Photographing Weddings at Barnett Hill
- Perhaps the number one reason I love Barnett Hill wedding photography is what a stunning backdrop the venue makes for your photos
- The convenient scale of the venue makes Barnett Hill so accessible and means that my Barnett Hill wedding photography won’t miss a moment of the day, from getting ready to getting down on the dance floor in the evening.
- Barnett Hill is also not an overwhelmingly large venue, and so the more reasonable numbers of wedding guests means that my Barnett Hill wedding photography has a better chance of capturing more of your wedding guests.
- Having so much accommodation on site means that you can start the most important day of your live together feeling relaxed and ready to go, and as any wedding photographer will tell you, having a couple smiling and happy on their wedding day, leads to much better photos!
- Lastly, being such a well oiled machine, means that the staff and kitchen can keep your wedding running to time and deliver a first class service, which in turn, will show in your Barnett Hill wedding photography.